Visa Debit Cards
A UNB Visa® Debit Card Offers More Ways to Pay
- Check out faster when you’re on the go.
- Get cash back at the point-of-purchase.
- Transaction amount automatically deducted from your checking account.
- Access your money at ATMs worldwide and for purchases anywhere Visa® Debit Cards are accepted.
Enhanced Security – We’ve Got Your Back
- Transactions, either in-person or online, that are presented as an international item (originating outside the United States) will not be authorized unless you have given us consent to approve such transactions for a predetermined period of time.*
- 24-hour, 7-day fraud monitoring of your transactions gives you peace of mind. Our monitoring service will contact you on our behalf to verify suspicious transactions.
- EMV chip card technology in your UNB Visa® Debit card securely stores information and processes data safely and efficiently – making your card extremely difficult to counterfeit or copy.
Need a Card?
- Visit our banking center or call one of our Bank associates at 785-841-1988.
Lost or Stolen Card?
- Notify us immediately by calling 785-841-1988 during business hours. Call 1-800-554-8969 after hours.
*Fees for international transactions may apply. Learn more by visiting with a Bank associate or refer to the Electronic Fund Transfer Disclosure and Agreement.
Security of your card and PIN number
- Sign the back of your card upon receipt.
- Destroy your old card when it expires or when your new card becomes effective.
- Memorize your PIN number. Do NOT write it on the back of your card or carry it with you.
- Never disclose your PIN to anyone.
- Keep your card in a safe place.
- Be cautious about using trusted, secure websites when making online purchases.
- Never provide your card number to someone who calls you on the phone.
Security When Approaching the ATM
- Be aware of your surroundings; leave immediately if you see anything suspicious.
- Allow a comfortable distance between you and other people using the ATM.
- Use your body to shield the ATM keyboard from another person’s line of sight.
- Do not expose the money for others to see; place all money in your pocket or purse immediately.
- Watch for strangers who may approach or follow you; go to the nearest populated place or business location if you are concerned about being followed.
University National Bank Visa Check Card Notice
Regarding PINless Debit Transactions, there are two ways to complete transactions with your Visa Check Card, using your PIN for a debit transaction or your signature like a credit transaction. This notice only involves debit transactions, specifically ones where a merchant may not require a PIN, or PINless debit.
For University National Bank customers, PINless bill payment transactions are processed on the ACCEL/Exchange network. (An example would be paying a utility bill over the phone or Internet with your debit card.) Such transactions may not be processed as Visa transactions and therefore may not receive Visa-associated protections and benefits. However, merchants must provide cardholders with a clear opportunity to choose Visa as the payment method. Please refer to your Electronic Funds Transfers Agreement and Disclosure for the Visa terms and conditions.