EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Universal Teller / Customer Service Representative
Reports to: Assistant Vice President-Retail Manager
Department: Retail Banking
Date: November 2018
JOB SUMMARY: Support and assist retail department in delivering retail banking products and services. The Universal Banker is a primary contact for all retail services such as teller transactions, and opening new deposit accounts. The qualified candidate is in a unique position to develop new business opportunities with current and prospective customers. The Universal Banker is responsible for a variety of tasks in serving customers by completing account transactions.
Essential Functions Include:
1) Customer Service
- Assist customers with their cash and checks for deposit, verifying proper endorsement, confirming deposit accuracy, and completing deposit transactions
- Process cash withdrawals from checking and savings accounts
- Answer phone calls and assist incoming callers with questions
- Receive and process loan payments
- Assist customer inquiries, whether in person or via the telephone, regarding current account activity, discrepancies, on line banking questions, disputes, etc.
2) Relationship and Business Development –
- Open new accounts, including compiling and preparing new account paperwork and applications,
- Promote and provide information to current and potential customers regarding the bank’s products and services
- Cross Sell bank products by answering inquiries, informing customers of new product and services
- Make successful referrals of bank product and services to appropriate bank representative
- Participate in community events to increase the visibility of the bank and help develop new business opportunities
3) Branch Operations
- Prepare transactions for scanning, branch capture, etc.
- Record all transaction promptly accurately, and in compliance with bank procedures
- Conduct all work in accordance with bank policy and procedures and within all regulatory standards and guidelines to ensure safety and soundness.
- Balance and replenish cash in ATM as needed
- Understand the basic use of bank software, including, Cleartouch, Teller system, and any other software program necessary to full fill job duties and responsibilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and requested.
- Knowledge of bank’s products and services
- Knowledge of banking regulations, procedures, and laws
- Prior experience (at least two years) in banking
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to operate and understand a computer and software systems, including Microsoft Office (required), Fiserv Core Operating system (preferred)
- Must have good interactive skills and be able to work in a team setting
- Ability to climb stairs, periodic lifting up to 50 lbs, and work in a standard office environment, including consistently viewing a computer monitor.