Visa Check Cards
An electronic checkbook and ATM card in one!
- Transaction amount deducted from checking account;
- no interest accrues; no interest expense.
- Can be used at ATMs worldwide for withdrawals, transfers or balance inquiries and for purchases anywhere Visa Debit cards are accepted.
- Approval completed after electronic verification of account balance.
- Descriptive entries of transactions appear on checking account statement.
- Modest replacement fee if card is lost.
- Overdraft protection available with application.
- Member of the Shazam, Cirrus, and Exchange networks for ATM or point of sale transactions.
- Lost or Stolen Card? Please call the bank immediately during business hours or call 1-800-554-8969 after hours.
- A $5 annual fee, waived the first year, plus $3 monthly fee for PIN-based or ATM transactions.
- A $5 annual fee, waived the first year, plus 50¢ per each PIN-based or ATM transaction. Charges waived if a $500 account balance is maintained for statement cycle.
- Visa Check Card comes with Easy Green Checking accounts.
To protect you and your card and avoid unauthorized use, remember these safety tips:
- Please sign your card upon receipt.
- Destroy your old card when it expires or when your new card becomes effective.
- Memorize your PIN. Do NOT write it on the back of your card or keep it with you.
- Never disclose your PIN to anyone.
- Keep a written record of your PIN entirely separate from your Card.
- Keep your Card in a safe place.
- Remember to pick up your ATM receipts before leaving the ATM.
- Safeguard your account number. Always obtain merchant receipts and destroy carbons.
Refuse Telephone Inquiries
- Do not reveal any information about your Card over the phone.
- Verification of your Card account(s) and PIN should only take place in person at your financial institution.
- If you receive a call about your Card, contact your financial institution/Credit Union immediately, and we will suggest the next course of action.
- Be alert – look around the area.
- Leave immediately if you see or sense anything suspicious.
- Always have your Card in hand, ready to use.
Security While at the ATM
- Allow a comfortable distance between you and the person using the ATM.
- Respect any line barriers that say "Wait Here."
- Do not walk up to the ATM before the current user has left.
- Use your body to shield the ATM's keyboard from another person's line of sight.
- Don't stop to count the money or expose it for others to see.
- Please all money into your pocket or purse immediately.
Security When Leaving the ATM
- Remain alert – watch for stranger who may approach or follow you.
- Keep safe distances between you and others.
- If someone follows you, go to the nearest populated place such as a store or restaurant.
University National Bank Visa Check Card Notice
Regarding PINless Debit Transactions, there are two ways to complete transactions with your Visa Check Card, using your PIN for a debit transaction or your signature like a credit transaction. This notice only involves debit transactions, specifically ones where a merchant may not require a PIN, or PINless debit.
For University National Bank customers, PINless bill payment transactions are processed on the ACCEL/Exchange network. (An example would be paying a utility bill over the phone or Internet with your debit card.) Such transactions may not be processed as Visa transactions and therefore may not receive Visa-associated protections and benefits. However, merchants must provide cardholders with a clear opportunity to choose Visa as the payment method. Please refer to your Electronic Funds Transfers Agreement and Disclosure for the Visa terms and conditions.